Each year, we pop champagne and put out a nice spread of appetizers. I've been know to throw on a pair of sparkly earrings (often paired with pajama pants and slippers).
I decided to jazz things up with a menu inspired by each of my favorite best picture nominees. This year's line up did not disappoint, so I did have to leave a few out. I was sure to include a cocktail to make up for it, though!
1. Zero Dark Thirty Dark & Stormy (Recipe)
2. Argo make some hummus (Recipe)
*For more guests, make a Middle Eastern inspired platter with pita bread/chips, red peppers and cucumbers for dipping, stuffed grape leaves, tzatziki etc.
3. Beasts of the Southern Wild Creole Shrimp Skewers (Recipe)
4. Silver Linings Playbook Philly Cheese Steak Sliders (Recipe)
5. Les Miserables Chocolate Fondue (Recipe) *Add strawberries, marshmallows, dried fruits and pretzels image via
I'd be remiss if I didn't honorably mention The Sessions, which was another of my favorites this year. Had trouble coming up with a dish to pair it with though... Better Than Sex Cake?
Any plans for the Oscars? What were your favorite films of the year?